The Spark 900 RC Team features a slew of high-end components in an affordable package. Our TwinLoc Suspension System, a 12-speed SRAM Eagle drivetrain, Shimano brakes and Syncros components combine to create a dream-worthy carbon full-suspension race bike.
- With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
- With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
- With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, we’ve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without a sacrifice in the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefitted from our EvoLap technology.
ICCR Cable Routing
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius and Ransom, to provide a clean look and a functional solution for all the different control cable standards on the market, cable routing is fully internal and designed for full-length cable housing. Routing the cables internally omits bulky external hardware and looks cleaner. The cables can endure a longer lifetime as they are protected within the frame. The entry points are machined alloy removable inserts that come along with the frame and can be chosen according to the setup of the bike. Assembling an electronic group or a dropper post will not be a problem and the look will always be clean-cut.
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius, Ransom and Gambler we’ve redesigned all the parts that can give us significant benefits in terms of performance and functionality. On the previous model the support of the dropout was a bulky additional part molded to the carbon chain stay. The new dropouts are designed to be integrated on the thru-axle system thanks to a hollow tubular design that allows a simple and light weight structure. Available for SRAM and Shimano DM derailleurs, this dropout increases the stiffness and avoids damage to the frame in case of impacts on the rear derailleur.
- The Spark down tube shock and linkage are clearly asymmetric, when looking from the top of the bike. Carbon fibers achieve their full potential when used in smooth straight lines. Off-setting the shock slightly to the left hand side of the bike gives a clean and continuous structure from the down tube through the shock mount to the main pivot.
TwinLoc Suspension System
- With TwinLoc, a rider can effectively control the complete frame, fork, and shock as a system. Why does this matter? A bike with 150mm of suspension travel, correctly set up, has more sag than a bike with 130mm. It's that extra travel that makes it more fun to ride and more capable on the descents, but the greater sag has an oversized effect on the bike's geometry and climbing performance. That's where TwinLoc matters.
- TwinLoc helps manage the sag effect in several ways. Whereas most systems only increase low-speed compression in an effort to gain pedaling efficiency, TwinLoc allows us to not only change compression damping, but also to change the spring curve, dynamically altering the geometry of the bike. In Trail mode, the shock is not only firmer, but it has dynamically less travel. The bike sits higher, maintains a steep seat angle for those climbs, and becomes more agile. We also offer a third, full lockout mode for going up in the most efficient manner possible.
- These unique settings optimize climbing geometry, even on longer travel bikes. We can eliminate the "long travel effect" that can rob your pedaling efficiency, but we're not robbing you of the full-fun, 150m travel when you point it downhill. From a race setting, to a lunch ride, to an after work trail shred, being able to switch from mode to mode depending on a trails profile at the push of a lever is paramount to riding faster and having a damned good time.
- Spark RC Carbon HMF Frame
- RockShox SID Select+RL3 100mm Fork
- FOX Nude EVOL, TwinLoc Susp. System
- SRAM GX Eagle 12 Speed
- Shimano SLX Disc Brakes
- Syncros Silverton 2.5 TR Wheels
- Maxxis Rekon Race Kevlar Tires
- Syncros Parts
|Frame||Spark RC Carbon / IMP technology / HMF, 1x optimized / BB92 /Carbon swingarm, SW dropouts for Boost 12x148mm, TBC Trunnion Box Construction|
|Fork||RockShox SID Select+ RL3 Air, custom Charger 3-Modes Damper, 15 x 110mm Maxle Stealth / Tapered steerer / Lockout / Reb. Adj., 100mm travel|
|Headset||Syncros Pro Drop in / Tapered 1.5"-1 1/8", Bearing diameter size 42mm and 52mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX NUDE EVOL Trunnion, SCOTT custom w. travel / geo adj., 3 modes: Lockout-Traction Control-Descend, DPS / Reb. Adj./ Travel 100-70-Lockout / 165X40mm|
Front: 15 x 110mm axle
Rear: 12 x 148mm Boost axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros Silverton 2.5 6 Bolt, F: 15x110mm, R: 12 x 148mm Boost, 25mm Tubeless ready rim / 28H / XD Driver, Syncros Axle w/Removable Lever with Tool|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon Race / 2.35" / 60TPI Kevlar Bead, Tubeless Ready / EXO, ACCESSORIES, Transport Axle|
|Crankset||SRAM GX Eagle DUB Boost|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB PF integrated / shell 41 x 92mm|
|Chain||SRAM CN GX Eagle|
|Front Derailleur||SCOTT custom|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX / Eagle 12-Speed|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle Trigger|
|Handlebars||Syncros Fraser 1.5 / Alloy 7050 D.B., T shape Flat / 9° / 740mm|
|Tape/Grips||Syncros Pro lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros XR1.5 -8°, Integrated Spacer & Top Cap, 2014 Alloy / 31.8mm / 1 1/8"|
|Brakes||Shimano SLX M7100 Disc, 180/F and 160/R SM-RT66 rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Belcarra Regular 2.0, CRMO rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros Duncan 1.5 / 10mm offset, 31.6x400mm|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Red/Black / Small||192820159119||274620006||SCO27145468S|
|Red/Black / Medium||192820159126||274620007||SCO27963475M|
|Red/Black / Large||192820159133||274620008||SCO27150079L|
|Red/Black / X-Large||192820159140||274620009||SCO28150037L|